Even though Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) is an established field, Educational and Knowledge Technologies (EKT) is the new multimedia‐driven learning. Indeed the process of digitization is progressing quickly and a current hype in the Silicon Valley is mobile and personalized learning. The driver and enabler of this movement is on the one side the development and widespread availability of multimedia materials and MOOCs, which represent multimedia content produced specifically for supporting online‐learning; and, on the other side, by the ever increasing availability of all sorts of information on the Internet and in social media channels (e.g. lectures, research papers, user‐generated videos, news items), which, despite not directly targeting online‐learning, can prove to be valuable complements to the more targeted learning materials. Although the availability of such content is not a problem these days, finding the right content and associating different relevant pieces of multimedia so as to enable a comprehensive learning experience on a chosen subject is by no means a trivial task.
The scope of this workshop includes, but is not limited to:
- – Multimedia mobile search and retrieval for education
- – Multimedia analysis and understanding for education
- – Multimedia browsing, summarization, recommendation, and visualization technologies for education
- – Other multimedia‐based educational and knowledge technologies
- – Multimedia‐based educational applications and learning platforms
- – Ansgar Scherp (ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics and Kiel University, Germany), General Co-Chair
- – Thomas Köhler (TU Dresden, Germany), General Co-Chair
- – Iacopo Vagliano (ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, Germany), General Co-Chair
- – Vasileios Mezaris (Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, Greece), General Co-Chair
The paper submission deadline is
August 27, 2018 September 3, 2018 (extended). You can find other important dates in Important Dates. Papers submitted to MultiEdTech 2019 must follow the regular paper submission guidelines for MMM 2019 (see Author Guidelines). The paper submission system for MultiEdTech 2019 will open on August 1, 2018 in Paper Submission page.